Please log in to https://gwci.app/talent to view details.
Go to Open Roles / The Gilded Age / NEWPORT LOCALS UPPERCLASS MEN & WOMEN 30’s-50’s age range
GWCI is seeking men and women to portray 1880’s Upper Class Tennis Tournament Spectators + Gala Attendees. Work dates 5/9, 5/10, 5/12, 5/13 with covid testing on 5/6; Covid test + fitting week of 4/18 – 4/27
The entire series takes place in the 1880’s so please read the following carefully and thoroughly and reply with the requested information. Please make sure to use a tape measure when you measure your chest/true waist as the period clothing can ONLY be fit using measurements and NOT modern day clothing sizes!
– You will be portraying an 1880’s Upper Class Tennis Tournament Spectators + Gala Attendees. Work dates 5/9, 5/10, 5/12, 5/13 with covid testing on 5/6
– We will be filming in Newport, RI.
– Because the shoot is so far out, please be prepared for very early morning call times (as early as 3-4am!) and/or work late, possibly even overnight shoots. Please be prepared for all scenarios.
– The current tentative date is 5/9, 5/10, 5/12, 5/13 with covid testing on 5/6. (You must be fully available for all dates with no conflicts at all on those work dates)
– FYI – 5/9 + 5/10 = Upper Class Tennis Match Spectator; 5/12 + 5/13 = Upper Class Gala;
– There will be a required fitting on 4/19 with a covid test 4/18 in Newport, Rhode Island.
– There will be a required PCR Covid Test 48 hours before each work date as well as fitting, provided by production. (And yes, it HAS to be within 48 hours, you cannot test the day of, as the results are not instant!)
– You will be asked to comply with HBO covid protocols (I.E. wearing masks off camera, social distancing, etc.) Specifics to come upon booking!
– Fittings usually would be around a 2-3hour commitment depending on how your fitting goes- Work days you should have full day/night availability without any conflicts as filming days can last anywhere from 12-14 hours.
– There will be atmospheric smoke in the interior scenes.
– If you are a member of SAG–AFTRA the rate is SAG–AFTRAbackground scale (SAG–AFTRA rate = $182/8hrs for the work date; $100 stipend for each covid test pre-employment; 1/4 of day rate for fittings)
– If you are nonunion, the rates are as follows… Work date = $150/10hrs, OT after 10hrs; Covid testing stipend = $60 each test pre-employment; Fitting = $27.27/2hours
– This production requires all Zone A to be up-to date with covid vaccines, please take a look at the full memo below.
– WOMEN must have natural colors, NO balayage, NO undercuts, NO wigs, NO weaves, NO braids, NO ombre or unnatural looking highlights.
– WOMEN must be okay with working in a corset, bustle and multiple layers as appropriate to the 1880s.
– WOMEN must NOT have acrylic nails, gel polish, etc. MUST HAVEBARE NAILS!
– MEN must be okay getting an 1880s haircut. (http://production.gwcnyc.com/thegildedagehmunotes)
– MEN Must be comfortable being clean shaven for the shoot OR if you have facial hair already, must be willing to have it altered in an 1880’s style.(http://production.gwcnyc.com/thegildedagehmunotes)
– MEN: must have natural hair colors, ok getting period haircut, and being clean-shaven if your look is clean shaven. If you have facial hair/mustache, should be willing to get it altered. No buzzed cuts.
– MEN & WOMEN must have NO VISIBLE TATTOOS. (especially on neck, shoulders, upper back, chest, & hands)
– MEN & WOMEN must have NO wool allergies.
– MEN & WOMEN must NOT have braces
Please be advised that to work on The Gilded Age S2, all cast members must be up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccinations as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”). Being “up-to-date” means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible. In other words, this means that at least 2 weeks have elapsed since receiving the 2nd dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or since receiving a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine; and when a booster shot is recommended, that the individual has received it.
Currently the CDC recommends a booster shot be received 5 months after the last dose of the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna and 2 months after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Individuals who are hired prior to being eligible for a booster will need to commit to receiving a booster dose within 2 weeks of the date they become eligible to be able to continue to work in Zone A. The recommendations for a booster may be different depending on your age and health status. For more information about when boosters are recommended go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html.
You must be able to show proof of vaccination status prior to your start date. All vaccination records will be maintained confidentially and securely by production.
If you are offered employment on The Gilded Age S2 and would like to request an accommodation to this policy due to medical or religious reasons, you must submit your request for approval via WarnerMedia’s Xempt portal.
If available and interested, please email a current candid photo to email@example.com with the following information and change subject line to read DB NON–SAG UPPER CLASS AVAILABLE
-Your Legal Name
–SAG–AFTRA or NON UNION (If nonunion, please let us know how many SAG waivers you’ve received in the past. If you are SAG-Eligible please let us know if you are a must join.)
-What forms of ID can you bring to set to fill out an I9? (If you have a VISA or Employment Authorization Card, please let us know!)
-All measurements: Men: height, weight, chest, neck x sleeve, true waist @ bellybutton x inseam, shoes; Women: height, weight, dress, bust x true waist x hip, shoes
-Do you have ANY tattoos? (this includes, hands, arms, feet, shoulders, chest, ankles, back of neck, behind the ear)
-Please attach 3 photos WITHOUT MAKE UP if possible: 1 selfie that shows your current hair length/color; 1 waist up in plain clothes; 1 full body in plain clothes. (ABSOLUTELY NO FILTERS, NO HATS, NO SUNGLASSES, ETC. PLEASE NO SLOUCHING)
-Are you local to Newport area?
-Available to work ALL DATES (5/9, 5/10, 5/12, 5/13)
-Let us know which fitting dates you are available for from 4/18 – 4/27
-Understood covid test + fitting is needed prior to work date(s)
–OKAY with general covid procedures
-Confirm your hair has not been dyed, colored, highlighted or bleached, etc
-Please confirm whether or not you are willing to have your facial hair altered to match the time period as needed (and let us know if you’re willing to be clean shaven facial hair wise as well, if needed.)
-Women: OKAY w/wearing corset and bustle
-Understood Vaccination Memo (please let us know if you will need an exemption request)
*****Again, if available and interested, please email a current candid photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and change subject line to read “DB NON–SAG UPPER CLASSAVAILABLE”*****
THIS IS NOT A BOOKING! WE WILL REACH BACK OUT IF WE CANUSE YOU IN THE SCENES TO SET YOU UP FOR FITTINGS.
To disable all notifications from gwci.app, log in to your profile.
For instructions, FAQs, and gwc.app support, visit: https://gwcnyc.freshdesk.com/